A Guide to Reform Using the 2020 Early Childhood Workforce Index
Time & Location
About the Event
The 2020 Early Childhood Workforce Index provides a data-rich look at state-based policies and conditions for the early care and education workforce.
This third edition contains:
- Individual state profiles;
- An interactive U.S. map and detailed tables on wages, state workforce policies, and initiatives;
- Spotlights on state responses to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Policy recommendations on how to bolster the safety and livelihoods of early educators during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond; and
- An advocacy toolkit with policy guidelines and framing language.
Join the Center for the Study of Child Care Employment and guest speakers to learn how to use the new 2020 Early Childhood Workforce Index. Take action to improve working conditions for early educators and strengthen our early care and education system for children and families.
- Kyra Swenson, Infant/toddler Teacher & Co-founder of Wisconsin Early Childhood Action Needed
- Jen Horwitz, Policy & Research Director, Vermont Let’s Grow Kids
- Dr. Lea Austin, Executive Director, Center for the Study of Child Care Employment
- Dr. Caitlin McLean, Senior Research Specialist, Center for the Study of Child Care Employment
- Krista Olson, Research & Policy Associate, Center for the Study of Child Care Employment